Monday, November 1, 2010

Big Balls

"I'm so sorry.  I don't want to be that person.  I know I say things I shouldn't. I get upset. I'm passionate.  I'm just sorry."

I had been told by a friend that "Jenny" (not her real name)  had been saying hurtful things about me behind my back.  I was wounded, of course.

Animosity and bad blood always breed discomort and pain for all parties involved.

Jenny came to my home and sat in my living room in full view of both of our husbands and apologized profusely and sincerely.

Of course I was very gracious and responded with,

"Wow, Jenny!  I'm so impressed you would do this!  You have really big balls."

She seemed a bit uncomfortable with the "big balls" compliment.   She is, of course, a conservative Mormon mom.  I doubt anyone has ever valued her for the size of her balls before...  You're Welcome, Jenny!

She continued to apologize for half an hour.

"I'm sorry if I attacked you [on a different occasion].  I realize how mellow you are in these situations.  I'm so sorry.  I like you.  I respect you.  I want us to be friends."

I have been touched by her display of True Love since it happened.  I had no idea she was capable of such humility and inner strength.  She has inspired me.

I have done a lot of complaining about the gossipy, small-mindedness of some women in The Burbs where I live.  I have been chastened.  I'm super happy about it!  HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

I'M A LOVER NOT A FIGHTER,YA'LL!

The night after The Apology I found myself at the church Halloween Party.  Jenny and I sat at the same table and laughed and joked.  It was wonderful and liberating. 

I hyjacked her baby for the remainder of the night.  Both to give her a break and to satisfy my ever growing baby hunger.

I have begun to think of all the times I have done and said things to offend others, perhaps without intent. 

Inspired by Jenny, I'd like to be Earl from that show My Name is Earl.  I'd like to write a list of people I have harmed and rectify my wrongs.

I'd also like to know what YOU have done to offend others and how you have repented or how you plan to repent.  Please entertain me.  I wanna know how truly offensive you can be. :)

Jenny is an amazing person.  I'm grateful she considers me a friend and Loves enough to want peace for us both.