Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Christmas Obsession of 2011




















My husband snapped a picture of me bright and early on Christmas morning.

"That will be deleted," I growled.

I growl in the morning for at least an hour after awaking from slumber. And I don't take kindly to cameras at that hour. I quite enjoy slumber. I also don't take kindly to mornings.  They should be banned.

I do my best, however, on Christmas mornings to put aside my differences with the A.M.  I do my best to smile and exclaim at the wondrous gifts that magically appeared overnight. With gusto I praise Santa and his elves and Walmart for all the bounty they have afforded us.



















This Christmas was no exception.  I was beyond enthusiastic and exclaimed,

"LOOK, TYSON!  SANTA BROUGHT YOU A SKATEBOARD!!! SANTA IS SO AWESOME!  SANTA ROCKS!... YOU'VE BEEN WANTING A NEW SKATEBOARD FOR A MILLION YEARS!


AND MAYA!  YOU GOT THE BEAN BAG CHAIR YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED!  NOW YOU CAN PLAY WITH YOUR NEW LEAPFROG EXPLORER THINGY WHILE YOU SIT ON IT!


Serena, Santa left me the receipt to that Victoria's Secret sweatshirt in case you want a different color...


Bella, Santa hopes those Vans fit... He checked your current shoe and went up a half size... ".





















My children tore through the wrapping paper encasing all their gifts in 30 seconds flat.  It always amazes me how weeks of preparation for Christmas morning (by Santa and his elves and not by me at all) can come to such a violent end.

I must brag about a gift my husband bought me...

I told him a week before Christmas that it be awesome, just awesome to own a pair of pajamas.  Real, actual pajamas.  A top with buttons.  And a bottom with an elastic waistband. And the top and bottom should match, ideally.  I mentioned that Victoria's Secret models make those jammies look very extra super sexy.  And I'll bet I would enjoy some extra super sexy pajamas from V.S.

I further mentioned that I have been watching the Kardashians as of late and the smallest sister (Not Kim or Kloe but the other one that's married to that guy and had his kid and may be pregnant with his other kid and he still hasn't married her and I think he is a total loser for calling the mother of his child his girlfriend and not his wife...)  ...the smallest sister wears Victoria's Secret pajamas all the day long in the shows where Kim is married to that selfish basketball guy and Kim is selfish too and that's why their marriage fell apart in 72 days... and I think Kim's small sister looked darn cute in her jammies...

AND GUESS WHAT????

MY HUSBAND TOTALLY SURPRISED ME AND GOT ME MY VERY FIRST PAIR OF REAL LIFE ACTUAL PAJAMAS!!!!

I. WAS. SHOCKED!  ...SHOCKED!

HOW DID HE EVER GUESS THE INNER MOST DESIRE OF MY HEART?

They are pink with polka dots. He picked the color all alone. He done good. They are truly everything I dreamed they would be.  I mean to begin collecting all the colors offered in the catalog.  So if you'd like to buy me a gift.. I am a size S for Small... Or I would be fine with an M for medium because then they would be even extra comfy.




















I have shown you a sneak peak of my polka dot jams. ... But I have jumped the chronological Christmas gun here.

After opening gifts I went back to bed, went to church and sang Christmas hymns for an hour and returned home to prepare Christmas dinner.

Here you see me browning Italian sausage for the stuffed mushrooms I offered as appetizers.






















And here is my husband showing his gratitude for said mushrooms and greasy delicious sausage, which I normally do not allow in the house.























As I cooked my children played with their Christmas loot.

Bella used Tyson's new tough guy wrestling dude as a model.  Her grandma had sent her a doll's clothing sewing kit.  She was elated to receive this present and got straight to work.  This is her creation.  I see a great future for Bella in the fashion industry.


















My parents joined us for a lovely meal.  I served sumptuous appetizers and fresh tomato basil soup and grilled cheese on good sourdough.  We enjoyed apple pie for dessert.

My parents said their goodbyes and I ran upstairs to slip into my night clothes.  OH!  OH!  SOOO COMFY!  I CANNOT EXPRESS TO YOU IN WORDS FOUND IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE THE COMFORT AND JOY...  COMFORT AND JOY!

I wore my night clothes outside as I watched Tyson fall off his new skateboard time and time again.  I also watched Maya ride up and down the street in her signature denim shorts, boots and coat.


















Christmas exhausted me, I must admit.  I love the entire season.  I spin like a top from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day.  I am happy, happy, happy.  But I must confess, I felt all tuckered out come Christmas day evening.  Do you see the Christmas circles under my Christmas eyes?



















But not to worry.

I was prepared in the most stylish of manners to curl up on the couch with a book (Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, I am currently on page 342...).

I also watched Mongol with my husband, which I bought him for Christmas because he suggested a week before Christmas that he might enjoy some of his favorite movies and his very own movie case so the kiddies wouldn't scratch up his DVDs like they always do.

He was so surprised when he opened his movies and DVD holder on Christmas morn.  SHOCKED.

So cozy and happy was I with the day and in my jammers that I fell asleep on the couch whilst watching ancient Mongols killing the crap out of each other.

It was a happy sleep.

It was a happy day.