Thursday, November 24, 2011

I Was Spared By A Thankful Scorpion On This Thanksgiving Day

Slaving.




















Slaving.




















Slaving



















TAAAADAAAAAA!!!!




















I DID IT!!!

I MADE MY VERY FIRST THANKSGIVING DINNER WITHOUT MY MOMMY'S HELP!  It was all from scratch and everything.

I'm not gonna lie.  It was fabulous.  Every bit of it.  I cooked for 8 hours yesterday.  Secret ingredient?  Love. (And a pinch of sacrifice...)

It was the best day ever.  I was so happy as I cooked.  I thought of my family enjoying my special Love meal filled me with deep satisfaction and peace.


Oh how I adore feeding the people I love.  How I adore slaving and slaving and slaving and getting all the credit.  The glory is MINE!  ALL MINE!

I imagined the songs of praise and lip smacks of my children.  The satisfied grunts of my husband.  The wagging stumpy tail of my silly little cocker.  All was right with the world.

I sang practiced singing Handel's Messiah as I cooked.  The birds in the trees were singing.  I almost got stung by a scorpion.

Yes.  A scorpion heard my singing and decided to perch himself atop a dishtowel in the dishtowel drawer.  I grabbed said dishtowel and noticed a small yellow-ish creature with his tail at attention and precisely half an inch from my thumb.

"I was going to sting you and ruin your meal and deal and day.  But you seem to be in tune with God and the Universe at this time.  I'll let you off with a warning."

I screamed and dropped the scorpion towel at my feet.  He charged.  I stomped him flat with my boot.

Today I am thankful for this entire world and this tumultuous mortal experience with it's highs and lows and stops and gos.  I am thankful to be scorpion venom free.

In other news I will be flying to WISCONSIN in the morning!!  (I'll bet nobody was ever as excited as I to go to WISCONSIN!  I'll bet Wisconsin has never seen it's name entirely in caps before today.)

My kids keep asking if I will cut the cheese in Wisconsin.

Don't be silly.  I'm too pretty to cut cheese.  I have those who do that kind of thing for me.

Baby sis is gettin hitched on Saturday!  YAY!  Yay for Love and new beginnings.

I'm all packed up.

As you can see I've only packed the essentials.



















Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!  See you next week. :)