Thursday, May 12, 2011

No Average Joe and Daddy Knows Best

"You over-reacted," said my brother, Joe, yesterday.

"I know," I replied.

"Yeah.  That was lame."

"I know."

"Like that time you over-reacted with Aunt Martha because she put some benign comment on Facebook about you.  And you freaked out for no reason."

"Ugh.  Yeah I still cringe when I think of that.  But I'm Aware now.

"Yeah.  You're conscious."

This is where we talk philosophy.  We read a lot of stuff and discuss.  We sound very intelligent.  Especially Joe 'cause he's my baby brother genius.

Joe gets to say stuff to me that no one else can get away with.  'Cause he's Joe.  And that's why.  He's The Brother and if you mess with him I'll throw a rock between your eyes.  It's like that.  But we don't discuss it.  Cause that's not cool.  And it's cool to stay cool.  Calm.  Collected. 

Staying cool is hard when you're a pistol and always coming outta your skin.  BANG! BANG!

He was right about my over-reacting.  I'm sure YOU never over-react,  huh?  I MEAN I CAN FEEL YOU JUDGING ME! WHAT?!  YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THEN ME, HUH?  JUST CAUSE YOU HAPPEN TO THINK THINGS OUT BEFORE YOU SEND CRAZY E-MAILS!  WELL LEMME TELL YOU...

Yikes.  Sorry 'bout that.  I got a lil carried away.

I really did freak out on my poor Aunt Mot.  Jumped to conclusions.  Went all nutzo crazy.  Lost my marbles.  There were marbles everywhere.  I was slipping and sliding.  Skippin and dippin on my own marbles.

I also freaked-out on my cousin Kim just 'cause she spray painted her blond hair black for Halloween and put in on Facebook and said, "I was gonna be a zombie for halloween but I actually look exactly like Crystal!"

Oh boy.  I REALLY lost it that time.  Super sorry, ya'll!  Eeeek! 

I coulda laughed about looking like a zombie.  I coulda said, "HAHAHAHA! YOU ARE SOOOO FUNNY!  Yes!  I DO tend to look very much like a zombie at times..."

Kim and I DO look a lot alike.  I'm pretty sure she was just being silly and flattering me with attention.  I could have chosen to let it go.   

But instead I got all bent outta shape and pissy and FREAKED!  I wrote lots of THINGS.  Nasty things.  The pen truly is more meaner than the sword.

I've since recovered.  I was havin a really hard time personally when those things went down.  But that's no excuse, is it? 

Isnt' there a scripture in the Bible that says, you should totally not get all offended when people hurt your feelings cuz look how offensive YOU are...

Makes a Pistol think, ya know?

Anyway,  I love my brother.  He speaks the truth and I don't freak out.  He's lucky that way.

He has been teaching me how to do Venetian Plaster on walls. We've been having loads of fun playing with plaster.  He's very encouraging and tells me I'm doing a great job even though I suck in comparison.   I feel cool and amazing when I have plaster all over my arms and hands.  Like I DID something important.

Did I mention he's a GENIUS?  And does MATH for FUN on FRIDAY NIGHT?  I've seen him.

Here's the most recent pic I have of him and my sisters and me.  Please don't tell him I posted it.  He isn't all silly like me.  He would prefer to live a quiet, quality life.  I would prefer to live a LOUD, LOOK WHAT I CAN DO, quality life.











I made it real small so he doesn't notice...


**********************************
DADDY KNOWS BEST

As I was on my way out the office yesterday my daddy said,

"What are you up to this afternoon?"

"I'm gonna go run.  I have another race on Saturday."

"Where are you going to run?"

"Outside on the sidewalk in my neighborhood."

"Outside.  On the street?"

"Yeah."

"Baby, I don't like that.  You should run here at the office on the tread mill."

"Dad, I'll lose my mind if I'm all shut up in a tiny room like that."

"Well I just don't like people watching you run."

I left the office.

This morning I ran 5 miles.

I would proudly like to say my Dad was MISTAKEN!

Yeah!

People were VERY encouraging toward me today!

Especially the construction workers in trucks.  Several trucks.  Full of happy people.  Men mostly, but that is neither here nor there.  I'm not sexist.

They were so VERY VERY kind.  They would slow down and honk and wave.  Even shout something wonderful.  I couldn't hear exactly what was being shouted as I had my music in my ears.  But I'm just SURE it was wonderful.

It was as if they shouted,

"Good job, little sister!" 

"You can do it!" 

"Goals are important to achieve!"

 "We want you to realize your full potential." 

"This is a healthy endeavor!"

It's nice to live in a community where people really care.