Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I DO Believe in Fairies




















"Mom!  Oh Mommy!  Grant took my Fairy and trapped her in a cage and now he says she is guarded by an invisible Dragon!"

Bella and Serena were beside themselves.  They cried real tears of worry.

Their cousin had captured the invisible fairies they carried with them everywhere. 

These fairies were accostumed to being handled gingerly with great Love and care.

My mother had to scold Grant and FORCE him to release the terrified Fairies.

Sometimes when I was in the kitchen cooking one of my girls would say,

"Mama, would you please watch my Fairy while I go jump on the trampoline?  She gets nervous when I jump too high..."

My child would then place the Fairy carefully on my shoulder as I stooped down to recieve her.  I was very careful not to make any sudden moves for fear of startling the little creature.





















Fairies ran amuck a year ago in my house.

I encouraged them and talked to them and pointed out beautiful flowers that could potentially make stunning dresses or hats.

I came upon the note above last night at the top of the stairs.

I WILL NOT HAVE IT!

I DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES!  I DO! I DO! I DO!

I believe in Santa and The Tooth Fairy and Unicorns and Dragons... (the Easter Bunny is a little far fetched, if you ask me.... Rabbits don't lay eggs!  Don't be ridiculous.).

My daughter Bella (10) is extremely intelligent.  I'm not just being a mom here.  I am very realisitic regarding the strengths and weaknesses of my children.  I encourage them individually according to their personal talents.











































Bella tests way above average for math and reading.  Her teachers rave about her social and problem solving skills.  She is a smart cookie.

So smart, in fact, she thinks she can leave logical notes like the one above and face no penalty!

DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY FAIRIES FELL OVER DEAD LAST NIGHT?!  There was a Fairy massacre.  That's what.










































I simply won't have it!  Any child that lives under MY ROOF will abide by MY RULES! 

Here we believe in the unbelievable.. Under my roof there is Magic and Wonder and creepy little gnomes who jump out from under the couch and bite your toes. In THIS house Fairies are safe.   Invisible Animals wear pants and are responsible for all the missing cookies in the cookie jar. (All magical animals, however, must deficate outside... it's all I ask...)  

When Bella is 100 years old and I am 124 the rules in my house will be the same.

WE DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES! WE DO! WE DO! WE DO!

I would like to issue a public apology on behalf of my daughter to all the Fairies who were adversely affected by her actions last night.  She is young and does not yet know the magical ways of  The Unseen World.