Monday, July 12, 2010

Princess Mama








































"Will you wear this crown today, Mama?" asked T Bone.

"Sure, Buddy."

"K.  But you gotta wear it all day.  Or it doesn't count.  I'll call you Princess Mama."

Got home from our family vaca at 1am.

This morning I awoke to Real Life.  Yuk.

Laundry.  Unpacking smelly suitcases.  Cooking meals. Cleaning meals.  Hiding in the closest from my kids to catch my breath...







































I felt sad about all the work I had to do today.  I felt sad I was back to being Cinderella so I dressed the part.  Fluffly dresses always make me feel better.

Unpacking SUPER SUCKS! 

When I pack for a trip it's MAGICAL.  I whistle a happy tune and imagine all the possibilities regarding the upcoming events.

UNpacking, however, just reminds me I must put my shoulder to the wheel, keep my head down and clean up the proverbial watermelon of life day in and day out.


















My kids were bummed to be home too.  They began pooling their pennies together in an effort to bribe me into taking them to The Craft Store.

I sat in the suitcase full of filthy clothes feeling depressed and overworked and under-appreciated.

I sat there and stared at the wall for a while.

My children migrated downstairs. 

There was silence, which is NEVER good when there are four children in the house.

CRASH!

 


















"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, GUYS!" I shouted in my fluffy dress and tiara.

"We're sorry, Mama," said the blue eyed 5 year old.  "Are you mad at me?"

I'm pretty sure I was being handled.  She's a sly one.

I took a deep breath.  "It's fine, honey.  I'm not mad."



















"You're the BEST Princess Mama in the whole world!"








































It's a good thing God made kids so stinkin' cute....