Friday, May 14, 2010

GET UGLY (Run Intervals)

































Today I CHANGED IT UP, BAY-BAY! I got UGLY!


I didn’t go to the gym.

I had internal emotional bleeding. I needed to coagulate. Stop the flow. STOP THE NOISE. KILL THE DEMONS.

So I didn’t go to the gym.

I pulled into a neighborhood I didn't know and RAN RAN RAN.

I was like RUN! RUN! FAST AS YOU CAN! YOU CAN’T CATCH ME….I ‘M THE GINGERBREAD MAN!!

Do YOU have lots of noise in YOUR head? Stress? Money issues? Emotional blah blah blah?

People say, “Don’t sweat it” when you’re having a hard time. Don’t sweat it? I say DO! DO sweat it! SWEAT IT ALL OUT!

SWEAT DROPLETS ARE THE TEARS OF THE BODY AND TODAY THEY POURED OUT OF MINE.

The veins on my forehead and temples protruded from my sweaty face. UGLY. I look completely AWFUL!

SOMETIMES YOU GOTZ TO GET UGLY TO GET RESULTS.

I ran intervals.

I was like, “When you get to that green mailbox you gotta sprint. And you can’t stop til you hit that stop sign.”

When I got to the green mailbox I ran like a BAT OUT OF HELL! My lungs burned. My legs screamed. The voices in my head were out of control. BUT I RAN! I RAN UNTIL I HIT THAT STOP SIGN.

I GOT STRAIGHT UGLY! NOTHING AND NOBODY could stop me from reaching the stop sign. It was my Holy Grail.

PEOPLE and REALITY constantly try to destroy my peace. BUT ON THE ROAD WITH MY TRAINERS AND UGLY VEINS POPPIN’ OUT MY HEAD YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME!

I am SHE-RAHHHH! BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!!!!!!!!!!!! IIIIIII HAVE THE POWER!

My body cried. Cleansed itself of physical and emotion toxins. I’M CLEAN.
That’s the emo crap I’m gonna write about my run today.

Let’s be logical now. Why run intervals?

METABOLISM, honey pie. Your metabolism gets all Speedy Gonzales on your cheesy rear. (Yeah. I went there.)

When you CHANGE IT UP your body suddenly isn’t all comfy and cozy anymore. It gets kicked into working mode. Your metabolism speeds up. You get TIGHT.

Another reason for intervals is that it TONES YOUR TUSH! Totally builds muscle. If you pay attention you can FEEL it. Sprinting makes your BUTT BURN. A burnin’ butt is a happy butt.

Try walking for 2 minutes and then running as hard as you can for the next two. BE DISCIPLINED! Don’t be a BABY! Push through the PAIN! It’s gonna hurt! REVEL IN THE HURT!

So try it! You’ll LOVE it! Your mind, body and soul will LOVE YOU!

PS After your body cries it needs to be hydrated! Always drink lots and lots of water! GO GET UGLY, BABY!