Monday, March 15, 2010

My Mother is Crazy





















Sometimes my mother DRIVES me crazy.  Does your Mother drive you batty?  Moms can be such know-it-alls!  Ugh.  Luckily, I have the gift of the tune-out.  She can be talking my ear off and I listen... sorta.  In the back of my mind I'm chillin' with the people in my latest story.  Then she says, " You're not listening!"

To which I respond, "Uh huh!  You said...[I repeat what she said verbatim].".   Muahahahaha!

So she joined my family on a trip to Las Vegas.  For a bit I dreaded being imprisoned in a vehicle with four children, a grumpity man and my crazy mother, but it ended up all right!






















At around 10pm my man said he was tired.

"No problem!"  I said.  "I'll drive."

He climbed in the backseat and was snoring in minutes.

My mom and I had a ball.  We laughed LOUDLY about everybody we knew and everything we saw.  She told me about family members that are so deeply entrenched in the mafia the only was out is in a pine box.  We were so engrossed in our conversation I missed my turn off.  OOPS!

Next thing I know I see a sign that says:  WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA!

My man awoke and asked, "Where are we?"

My mom said, "California."

"WHAT!?  PULL OVER!"

"He proceeded to turn various shades of red."

My mom said, "At least you got a good nap!  Crystal did you a favor! Now you're all rested up to drive us to Las Vegas!"

She and I laughed like hyenas.  When we laugh hard it is beyond obnoxious.  Completely annoying to the annoyed.  My man was annoyed!

"You drove for TWO hours in the wrong direction!" he said.

I tried to apologize with a straight face.  Couldn't.  I laughed until I was gasping for air.






















My mom always makes me laugh when we spend a great deal of time together.  We laugh over things nobody else would consider funny.  Usually no one but she and I crack a smile, which only makes us laugh harder.






















Today we are in Vegas with my neices and nephews (Coral's kids).  We played princess and karate king and I was the witch.  My mom acted like a lunatic.  I laughed 'til I cried.


























I'm plum tuckered out from all the excitement. :)