Friday, January 13, 2012

Crazy Pants Crys

THE ARTICLE CALLS THEM MASSIVE PANTS!  It even goes so far as to say Heidi Klum might be hiding a clown car in her pants and that tiny clowns will soon emerge from the hems (I'm paraphrasing a bit here).

I don't care WHAT the Wonder Wall article says.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE these jeans.























What's not to love?  That's what I think.  These easy breezy 70's throw back pants give off a devil may care vibe.  They gently suggest, "I like what I like.  I'm confident.  I have a flare for the dramatic and a desire to use my pants as sails for ship or as a kite on a windy day!"


But the article in question did a poll.  77% of the folks polled described the pants as Hideous.  The minority of voters felt they were High Fashion.

77%!!!  Can you BELIEVE that crap?!

People can be so painfully boring.  It hurts me sometimes how bland The People can be.

My children disagree with me.  They hate the pants too.

When I picked Maya (7) up from school wearing similar pants today she shouted,

"WOAH!  THOSE PANTS ARE HUGE!!"

Serena (13), upon seeing my denim clad legs immediately shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"I hate those pants.  They are so weird, Mom.  Don't wear those."

But I WILL wear them.  I will wear them with pride and my Wild Things t-shirt and a pink cardi.

I must be insane to do what I am about to but... below you see proof I am wearing the self-same pants as miss super model Heidi Klum.

Mine are Free People brand.

HEAR! HEAR!  FREE THE PEOPLE FROM THE OPPRESSION OF COOKIE CUTTER PANTS THAT ARE INCAPABLE OF HOUSING SEVERAL LEGS AT A TIME THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BELONG TO THE WEARER OF SAID PANTS!

Don't you DARE make comparisons between Heidi and I!  Or I'll have you evicted from the premises and verily removed from the situation and I also won't be your friend anymore.

























Here you see I am pretending not to look at the paparazzi that are obsessed with me and my new pants which I bought on shopbop.com for 70% off the original price long before Heidi graced us with the above pics.
























Also, I am using my children as props just as Heidi has done.  Children make wonderful props.  If you don't have any children you should have some based alone on the great photos you will surely enjoy.

I have been known to wear crazy pants in the past.  When these were purchased I didn't think they qualified as outlandish.  But according to the poll and my children I must be completely out of my mind.

I'm told crazy people have no idea they are crazy.  Perhaps I fall into this category, as the slacks in question seem perfectly reasonable and nothing out of the ordinary.

In short,

I LOVE MY PANTS!!!

Can YOUR pants do THIS??
























Or THIS?























Yeah.  Didn't think so.

Who's laughing NOW brown cow?

In other news, my Bella has been sick for two days.  I think it is strep.  Gotta take her in to see the doc tomorrow.  Poor baby.  I'd take it from her in a second and keep that illness for myself if I could.  I hate when my babies don't feel well.




















PS I mustache you a question...