Friday, November 4, 2011

Kisses and Often By Someone Who Knows How




















 No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.   ~Rhett Butler




Oh SWOON!  OH ME OH MY OH SIGH!  Oh Rhett!


It IS the problem with some women, isn't it?  


A woman SHOULD be kissed.  And often.  And by someone who knows how.


My pulse quickens and heart races at the confidence in those words.


I am not lacking in kisses by someone who knows how, mind you.  I am kissed often by a manly man with a firm grip.  


But still... the words spoken by Rhett make me giddy and ridiculous.


I can't imagine that any woman worth her salt could resist those words spoken by a strong gentleman.


Any red-blooded woman would throw herself at the feet of such a man and beg,


OH PLEASE KISS ME, YOU MASCULINE GENTLE BRUTE!  DON'T SAY YOU WON'T, MY LOVE!  SAY YOU WILL!  OH DO, MY LIEGE!  KISS ME OFTEN AS ONLY YOU KNOW HOW!  


(I may have gone too far with "my liege"...)


And then he, the masculine gentle brute, would take her in his arms and plant a solid smooch on her beseeching mouth and music would play and cannons would explode and all would be well.


I came upon the plate pictured above at a little used book shop yesterday.  I was BESIDE myself  with glee!


I brought it home all wrapped and protected from the elements.  I displayed it proudly.


"Methinks I shall now watch Gone With The Wind whilst I prepare my mother's famous wedding chicken salad for dinner," said I aloud to no one in particular.


My southern gentleman Daddy has called Me and my sister, Coral, Scarlett ever since I brought the very first confuse-ed love struck boy to our door when I was 16.  (Coral's middle name actually IS Scarlett and my youngest daughter named Maya Scarlett after her.)


Daddy saw that we were fickle and flighty and strong and passionate.  Must have known it at the birth of my little sister to have named her so.


"How fickle is woman," says Rhett.


So true.  Truer words never were spoken!


I was so engrossed in the film as I prepared mother's famous wedding chicken salad that I forgot the task at hand... namely, preparing mother's famous wedding chicken salad...


Rhett came bounding into my kitchen with his bold words of Love and Kisses and Often By Someone Who Knows How and I lost myself completely.


My finger paid the price as I sliced not the poultry for mother's famous wedding chicken salad but my own flesh instead.






















I am clearly a red blooded woman.

I am fortunate to have married my very own Rhett Bulter years ago else what a shrew I would be!

Kisses and often by someone who knows how are essential to keeping a good woman in line.  I would have it no other way.