Thursday, April 21, 2011

I know, Right? Wrong. Really? Really.

I KNOW, right?

Wrong.

Everywhere I go people are saying this phrase.

I KNOW, Right?

The grown-man-check-out-guy at the grocery store said it.  I was appalled.

"I hope this watermelon is sweet," I small-talked.  "You just never know...".

"I KNOW, right!" he responded.

I was shocked.  SHOCKED!  Are grown men so desperate to appear younger that they will sell their very souls to the pop culture Gods?  Any respect I previously had for grocery man... out the proverbial window.

At the car wash a middle-aged woman in an Ed Hardy T-shirt (Ew!) and jeans with sparkly back pockets (Ew.) smiled at me.  I smiled back.

"I can't believe it's already almost a hundred degrees outside today!" I said.

Don't judge me.  What else are you supposed to say when a strange Ed Hardy lover smiles at you?

Her response?

Yup.  You guessed it.

"I KNOW, right?"

GAH!  Does DIGNITY mean NOTHING anymore?

I must admit there was time when I, myself, said those words.  I thought I was hip.  Cool.  Groovy.

I KNOW, Right?

It doesn't look good on me.  I'm embarrassed the words ever escaped my saucy, painted mouth.

I know, right?  Should only be said if you are under 15 years of age and adore Justin Beiber.  And even then... Pushin' it.

I have put together a little reenactment of a convo I heard in the mall by two college-age girls. 

I have exaggerated nothing. 



PS I should be ashamed of myself for posting this video. Where is MY dignity?! I'm a GROWN WOMAN for Pete's sake!  I shouldn't be having FUN (or talking to my camera all alone as I drive home from work)! FUN is for children and imbeciles.  

 I KNOW, right? Really?  Really.