Sunday, September 27, 2009

How I Know

i know there is a God because my body is too small for the being it houses.

i know there is a God because when i sing my voice is clear and strong and low and sweet and when it falters i feel small and know there is something greater than myself.

i know when i dance because the music fills me completely and my soul flies to a place where sorrows have no home.

i know when i read because the angels kiss my intellect and help me to understand the wonders of the world.

i know when i see the flaws in my body because they were given to humble me.

i know when my heart aches because God is love and there must be opposition in all things.

i know when i look deeply into the eyes of another because I can feel their divine nature despite the tabernacle of clay.

i know there is a God when i see the majesty of the mountain outside my window because such beauty does not exist by chance.

i know there is a God when i laugh because joy is the purpose of all living.

i know there is a God when i fold vast quantities of laundry because my children are clothed.

i know there is a God when i scrub a dirty skillet because my children are fed.

i know there is a God when i offer my broken heart in prayer because peace envelops me like a warm blanket.

i know there is a God when i comfort my crying child because i am forever comforted in the arms of His love.

i know there is a God when the rains come and cleanse the Earth because i am cleansed by the same omnipotent power.

I KNOW THERE IS A GOD.