Friday, May 11, 2012

Date With A Younger Man

His face is handsome.

When he speaks he is earnest.

He has the most adorable way of squinting one eye and cocking his head inquisitively to the left when he asks a question.

I am in love. I want to kiss his face mid-sentence.  I refrain.

I hang on his every word with a smile on my lips and sparkle in my eye.  This young man has it all.  Intelligence, looks, spirituality, charisma, a great sense of humor, Legos...

"...I found Squack when I got home..." his eyes are troubled at the memory.  "He was flat.  Like a carpet."

"A carpet?" I ask, concerned.

"Yes.  I believe Squeak killed Squack... Squeak is still alive."

"Oh my!  Squeak KILLED Squack?! I am so sorry."

"It's okay.  Squack is in heaven now.  One day he will come alive again. He is still my hamster."

I took my four year old nephew, Josh, on a special date today. At I-Hop.  He had the Smiley Face pancake. 

I also took him to the fabric store, car wash and McDonald's.  We ended our date with an ice cream cone at the play place.

He came baring gifts.

Josh brought me a Mother's Day card.  I was touched.

"I will save this FOREVER, Joshy!!!  I love it!" I exclaimed.

"Well, you can save it until you die," he blinked thoughtfully.  "But you have it back when you come alive again."

"How old do you think I will be when I die?"

"79."

"That sounds about right."




























At McDonald's:

"I have to go to the baff-room."

"Okay.  I'll hold your ice cream cone."

"Don't lick it."

"What if it melts?"

"Then you can lick it."

I miss the days when I was young enough to go to the baff room. Don't you?

 Those were simpler times.


I LOVE YOU, JOSH!!!

Love, Aunt Mommy Crystal :)