Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Friday, Barry!!! And Mean People Suck

"Are you going to do Barry, Mama? Can you please do a little tiny bit of Barry before you go? "

Maya's eyes were troubled.  She had a rough day.  A little girl in her class was mean to her. Said awful things about here to the other little girls.  Lies.  Tried to get all the other little girls to dislike my Maya. 

Maya came home crying.  She was sad all afternoon.

It's terrible when people are mean to each other. 

Only miserable people are mean.  It is impossible to be unkind and feel good inside.

I explained that to Maya.

I understood Maya's desire to be comforted after a day of coming to terms with the unkindness that runs rampant in this world.

I was on my way out the door to attend my book group when Maya requested Barry.

Barry helps me tuck the little ones in on most nights.  But sometimes he is tired and hibernating.

Maya needed him tonight so he didn't hibernate.

"Hi Maya," said Barry.

"Hi Barry."

"Maya, did you have a hard day?"

"Yes.  [Someone] was really mean to me.  She told all the other girls not to be my friend."

"I'll bet that made you so sad.  I wish I could have been there to protect you."

"Me too."

Barry has a high pitched baby voice.  He thinks he is very very tough and strong.  He likes to practice his growl.  He likes to ask Maya and Tyson if his growl is scary yet.  I've been working on it, he says.  Then he growls.  But it's a baby bear growl.  And that's all.  It makes Maya and Tyson giggle.

Maya hugged Barry tightly.

"Maya?"

"Yes, Barry?"

"What did you have for lunch?"

"Pizza."

"PIZZA!?  YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY!!! I LOOOOVVVVE PIZZA!  I LOVE PIZZA WITH SARDINES AND BLACKBERRIES ON TOP!"

"Cause you're a bear.  And bears love fish.  And berries."

"Yup.  I'm a big scary bear and LOVE FISH AND BERRIES!!!!"

I have to tell Barry to settle down and stop shouting.  It is, after all, bedtime.

"Sing a song, Barry," says Maya. 

He sings with all the passion of a plush baby black bear hoping to soothe the heart of a sad little Maya.

"Winne the Pooh doesn't know what to do.  Got a honey jar stuck on his nose.  He came to me asking help and advice and from here no one knows where he goes.  So I decided to ask of the owl if he's there, how to loosen a jar from the nose of a bear..."

Maya giggled.

Barry's job here was done.

We kissed her good night.

Watch Maya's face in the following photos.  Barry is a magical bear with the power to heal broken baby hearts.














































































I hate that Maya had a bad day. 

I hate that I shelter her and provide a warm and loving environment in which she can thrive and grow to be a confident happy adult and that I must send her out into the world where awful little girls will hurt her tender feelings. 

I hate that people in the world are so unhappy they must lash out at others.

It is only unhappy super sad people who inflict pain upon their fellow earthlings on purpose.

I'm sad people feel the need to be unkind.  At any age. To my baby.  Or to me.  Or to anyone.

I imagine the pain I feel at watching Maya cry as a result of a biting, back stabbing little girl is very much how my Heavenly Father feels when He sees His children on Earth hurting each other.  And He has to just watch it happen.

My baby went to bed happy.  Thanks to Barry.

What would I do without him?

(Tyson loves Barry too, by the way.  Barry and I will be devastated the day he decides he doesn't want Barry to sing him a good night song...)


********************************************************************

In other news, I WORE MY THIGH HIGHS TO BOOK CLUB TONIGHT!!!!

YAY FOR THIGH HIGH BOOTS!!

I felt extra sassy.

I haven't worn them for two years-ish. 

It was high time!






















































I can't tell what is on my boot in the top pic there.  It's either frosting or ranch.  Maybe both.

Have you had cake pops yet?  They are all the rage.  OH MY GOSH!  HEAVEN ON A FREAKING STICK!  IT'S CAKE!!! ON A STICK!!!  I can't get enough.

I had a great time at book club.  Everybody laughed at me because of my Ambien singing post.  And they imitated me.  That means they love me.  They think I should make it a weekly event.  'Cause I am so refreshing when I'm drugged.

I'll consider it. 

YAY!  YAY FOR NICE PEOPLE THAT IMITATE ME IN A LOVING FASHION!

People are mostly AMAZING!

I like my friends.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY!!!! WE MADE IT!!!!!